This year we offered an elective in Health Science.
Under the leadership of Mrs. Billett, 4 students learned all about our bodies. They learned what different parts do and how God created our bodies to work together. They created models of body parts and they got to use some tools to explore parts of the body.
Here are some of their thoughts about what they learned:
- I learned that your right lung has 3 lobes and your left lung has 2 lobes.
- This week Mrs. Billett brought a stethoscope to listen to our hearts. We checked her blood pressure.
- I can use this elective to help with problems with the body.
- I was surprised that there are more bones in a baby’s body than an adult’s body.
- I learned so much that I could write a book.
A huge thank you to Mrs. Billett for sharing what she knows with these students and inspiring them to learn more about our bodies and how to take care of them.